MiaZilla and the World of YARN

Knitting is an exiting world of sharp nedles and mulitcoulour yarn. Here I'll tell you aaaaaall about my adventures in it!

Friday, May 25, 2007

More new FO's :D

Yes I come bearing more FO's ^^ I am sort of trying to stashbust. I don't need it as much as *some* people but still, I'd like to keep all of my stash in the same basket and so I need to get rid of some of it. And it also helps my college poor self if I knit with yarn from my stash rather than buying new stuff all the time. :)

This is a most wonderfull FO. Done with this pattern it's a little mat for my teamug. Now my laptop is that much safer and I have noticed a decline in the 'I just spiled tea ALL OVER the keyboard'-crisises that used to be way to common around here. ;)


Ah. My lufferly bag. I used up all my fingering weight alpaca (tripel stranded) and a less than complete skein of bulky brown wool and a metalic/blue/white funfur type yarn. I made some flowers for decoration and an icord handle in black wool that I felted. The lining I sewed by hand. I also added a magnetic closure to keep my stuff in the bag XD


Since I had made a cellphone cozy (see last post) I decided that my mp3player really needed one too. And considering the 'luck' I've had with music playing technology it'll need it. Double stranded with worsted weight black wool and a novelty yarn with acrylic /mohair /cotton /metallic. It's very cute and snug.


I must say I'm pleased with myself. This is a lovely tank/shell type thing, knitt in the round using a cute pastell novelty yarn my mum gave me for my birthday in march. I first tried to knitt the pattern that came with the yarn but it was messy and annoying and the sizes were odd. So I frogged and started over with the bad penny pattern from Knitty, I had the right gauge and it's a cute pattern. Now, the yarn isn't very soft, in fact it's rather scratcy, but that is okay since the top is so see-through that you need to wear something under it anayway. :) And it fits! It really does. Making garments that fits and look good is one of the bets things about knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home